Bibimbap is a signature Korean dish. It’s actually mixed rice. It is served as a bowl of warm white rice topped with sautéed and seasoned vegetables and chilly paste. A raw or fried egg and sliced or mince meat are common additions. The ingredients are stirred together thoroughly just before eating. It can be served either cold or hot.
This is the one that i had the other day
Here i paste the recipe for my own reference. It’s from maangchi.com and i adjust the recipe here and there.
- Cooked rice
- a bunch of spinach
- 5-7 Shitake mushrooms
- 200 grams of ground beef (about half a pound) or chicken mince meat
- 1 small carrot, eggs
- soy sauce, hot pepper paste, garlic, sesame seeds, sesame oil, and vegetable oil
Arrange everything on a platter.
- Cook rice. You can use a rice cooker or a stainless pot.
- Next prepare your vegetable; cut cucumber and carot into thin stripes as well as cabbage, lettuce and spinach.
- Sauté them in a pan over high heat. When it’s cooked, it will look a little translucent. Put it on the platter.
- Slice shitake mushrooms thinly and sauté with 1 ts of vegetable oil. Add 2 ts of soy sauce and 1 or 2 ts of sugar and stir it for 2 minutes. Add some sesame oil, and put it on the platter.
- On a heated pan, put some oil and 200 grams of ground beef and stir it. Add 4 cloves of minced garlic, 1 tbs of soy sauce, 1/2 tbs of sugar, a little grounded black pepper, and sesame oil.
Put it on the platter.
- prepare eggs with sunny side up.
- Put your rice In a big bowl, and attractively display all your vegetables and meat t. Place the sunny side up egg on the center.
- Serve it with sesame oil and hot pepper paste.
- Lastly, mix it up and eat!
*For those who can’t tolerate spicy sauce. : )
Chop 4 green onions and put them in a small bowl. Pour half cup of soy sauce in there, and add 1 tbs of sesame seeds, 2 ts of sugar, 1 tbs of sesame oil and mix it up.